A rare opportunity to acquire this classic early Victorian (1849) semi-detached 5 bedroom, 3/4 reception room house situated in one of the quietest Cotham roads. Offering accommodation of over 2,500 sq ft over four floors, with double off street parking bay & charming front and rear gardens. Set in a prime location near many quality local schools such as Bristol Grammar School, Colston Girls School, Cotham School and Cotham Gardens Primary School with Sts Peter & Paul RC Primary School also approximately only 0.5 miles away. There are fine period character features with flexible accommodation over 4 floors, including excellent full height lower ground floor rooms providing extra living space or a self-contained flat if desired.
This wonderfully engaging family home offers generously proportioned principal rooms with large sash windows, high ceilings and some classic period features which all combine to create a special, characterful and light filled atmosphere. There are three good size reception rooms, large kitchen/breakfast room and two further store rooms arranged over the lower ground and ground floors, with five bedrooms and two bathrooms positioned over the upper two floors. The property also affords far reaching views over the surrounding city and enjoys a very central & convenient position handy for:- main hospitals complex, University & Park Street environs, city centre & harbourside areas, BBC & Whiteladies Road, the wide open spaces of The Downs and the urban vibe of Gloucester Road.
The plot the property now sits on was sold to local builder Robert Davy in 1847, and built shortly afterwards. The original use of the land was as an orchard and there is still to this day an apple tree dating back to those times. The house is Freehold, but is subject to a 'peppercorn' ground rent of £4.75p payable to the Church of Wales. As far as the records show the house has always been known by it's house number since it was built, but was originally also known as 'Longleat Villa' and the name can still be seen in faded letters on the gate posts! The road was originally named Victoria Road but sometime between 1920 and 1940 became Victoria Walk.
The current owners purchased the house in 1980 and have loved bringing up their family here, but now 40 years on they feel it's time for another family to enjoy it as much as they have.
Call, Click or Come in and visit our experienced sales team-01172130777 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Authority: Bristol Council Tel: 0117 922 2000
Council Tax Band: F
Services: Mains Gas, Water, Drainage and Electricity. Virgin phone and broadband installed. Original BT cable still in place.
Via front door, sash window to side, with inner half glazed door to -
A spacious and welcoming entrance hall with stripped wooden floor boards, dado rail, ornate coved ceiling with ceiling rose, radiator, walk in cloaks cupboard, stairs to lower ground floor and upper floors.
A light and airy room with large twin sash windows overlooking the front garden, stripped wooden floor boards, attractive marble open fireplace.
Sash box windows to rear with far reaching views over surrounding city, stripped wooden floor boards, ornate coved ceiling with picture rail, attractive wooden open fireplace with tiled surround and hearth, archway to storage alcove with sash window to side, door to -
eye and base level units, worktop and sink with mixer tap, storage space.
Side exterior access with half glazed back door, window to side, door to store room.
Handy storage for bicycles, ladders etc, lighting, electricity meter and fuse box.
Radiator, original wooden doors to lower ground rooms, under stairs storage cupboard.
White low level WC, wash hand basin, radiator.
Double radiator, wooden French doors opening to the rear garden, walk in store room with shelving, window to rear.
Twin sash windows overlooking the front garden, two radiators, a range of eye level and base units with worktops incorporating a double bowl stainless steel sink with central drainer, breakfast bar, built in stainless steel 5 ring gas hob, double oven, splash back wall tiling.
This room was the former kitchen and still retains all necessary plumbing. Glazed window to side, wall mounted gas boiler, power and light, shelving.
Original wooden doors to first floor landing, under stairs storage cupboard, radiator, stairs up to second floor.
Twin sash windows to front elevation, stripped wooden floor boards, coved ceiling.
Sash window to the rear elevation with far reaching views, stripped wooden floor boards, radiator, built in wardrobe with further overhead storage cupboard.
Sash window to side elevation, white three piece suite comprising panelled bath with shower off the tap, low level WC and wash hand basin with vanity unit below, radiator, airing cupboard.
Sash window to side elevation with original etched glass, coved ceiling, original wooden doors to all second floor accommodation.
Picture rail, sash window with far reaching views across the city to the rear, double radiator.
Sash window to front, radiator, storage cupboards.
Sash window to front, radiator, storage cupboards.
Store room with clear potential for conversion to en-suite with over head loft hatch leading to loft space.
Sash window to side with views, radiator, white three piece suite comprising panelled bath with wall mounted electric shower over, wash hand basin with vanity unit below and low level WC.
An easy maintenance front garden with a variety of plants and shrubs, tall hedging adding a degree of privacy, pathway leading to both entrances to the front and side of the property. The rear garden is of a good size for this part of the city and is laid mainly to lawn with raised flower and shrub borders, trellising adding a degree of privacy and leading to a private patio/BBQ area and the double secured off road parking bay.